analyzing electronic responses to MCD requests
bstrPrintTemplate argument of the IHospitalMCDResponseManager::Print is either empty or of the general form given below.
If the bstrPrintTemplate variable is empty then the default print template (using the data language as language switch) is used.
However, bstrPrintTemplate can be used to change the normal printing behavior or changing printing objects dynamically. The following syntax is used as content of the bstrPrintTemplate variable:
where a  pair defines an optional part. The commands are case insensitive.
- logTpl: is the logical template name. Currently only logTpl=Detail is allowed.
- objectName1=text; does a substitution of the content of the print object objectName1 by text. A print object is terminated
by a semicolon and all print objects are enclosed in a () pair.
There is a predefined pseudo print object with a special meaning:
- PDF for generating PDF files
- printTemplateFile is an external print template file name (full path + name!). If an external print template is supplied it
must be mapped against a logical template. Therefore detail=full_vps_file must be used!
- #INIPATH=inipath defines a fully qualified path to a directory where the report engine searches the corresponding .vpd print template INI files. This allows for global settings of a print template in a LAN. The default inipath is the install directory of the Dll
Here are some usage examples:
- bstrPrintTemplate: "" or bstrPrintTemplate: Detail
denotes a standard printing situation
- bstrPrintTemplate: (DOCUMENT_TITLE=Alternate title for the MCD;)
prints a substituted title as given above.
- bstrPrintTemplate: detail=C:\myForms\myPrintForm.vps
uses the print template "C:\myForms\myPrintForm.vps". An optional INI file with the name "C:\myForms\myPrintForm.vpd" is searched under this condition.
- bstrPrintTemplate: #INIPATH=\\host1\\myForms\
the default path for the ini files (place of the installed component) is changed to "\\host1\\myForms\". If "\\host1\\myForms\" is accessible by all hosts of the LAN then the same INI settings can be used.